A Superb Skull & Crossbones Masonic Ritual Dagger Baton Moonstone EyesSOLD…… Fine 19th century Masonic Ritual antiques are most collectable and few relics of this most ancient order survive on the open market for long. This is a most incredible piece, being a baton with silver collar and base with gothic terminations , a concealed stiletto dagger of chiselled steel and a pewter cast skull and bones bearing real moonstone eyes. The square and compasses are engraved on the skull and the silver collar. A most beautiful and intriguing piece. In keeping with the geometrical and architectural theme of Freemasonry, the Supreme Being is referred to in Masonic ritual by the titles of the Great Architect of the Universe, Grand Geometrician or similar, to make clear that the reference is generic, and not tied to a particular religion's conception of God.
Some lodges make use of tracing boards. These are painted or printed illustrations depicting the various symbolic emblems of Freemasonry. They can be used as teaching aids during the lectures that follow each of the three degrees, when an experienced member explains the various concepts of Freemasonry to new members.
Solomon's Temple is a central symbol of Freemasonry, which holds that the first three Grand Masters were King Solomon, King Hiram I of Tyre, and Hiram Abiff—the craftsman/architect who built the temple. Masonic initiation rites include the re-enactment of a scene set on the Temple Mount while it was under construction. Every Masonic Lodge, therefore, is symbolically the Temple for the duration of the degree, and possesses ritual objects representing the architecture of the Temple. These may either be built into the hall or be portable. Among the most prominent are replicas of the pillars Boaz and Jachin through which every initiate has to pass
Code: 19326Price: On Request
A Very Fine Skull and Bones Ritual Dagger Late 18th Early 19th CenturySOLD Made for ritual, but eminently suitable for personal protection, during the Georgian era. Rosewood grip inlaid with an ivory skull and crossbones with a stylised chiselled steel thigh bone pommel to the dagger hilt steel mounted wooden scabbard with very old faded red plush velvet covering to the mid section. Split for double s quillon. Probably by Thomas Gill who was renown at this time [in certain circles] for the bespoke making of such finer quality daggers and swords in this vein. Thos. Gill Warranted of 83 St James's St. London. Thomas Gill, a renown British sword maker, was only at that location from 1806 and he changed his company name and moved premises in 1816. This dagger was made and would have been carried by a gentleman who would most likely have been a member of the 'secret' societies [such as the Masons or Knights Templar] but, the Skull and Crossbones was similarly closely associated with organizations such as the Brotherhood of St. Francis of Wycombe, the Order of Knights of West Wycombe and later the Monks of Medmenham. These are all pseudonyms of the Sir Francis Dashwood's so called, infamous, 'Hellfire Club' of the 18th century. 12.5 inches overall.
Code: 19325Price: On Request
A Superb Browning Hi-Power 9mm Semi Auto, as Issued to SS and FalshirmjagerWW2 German occupation manufacture. Waffenamt marked Wa140 with tangent site. Browning Hi-Power pistols were used during World War II by both Allied and Axis forces. After occupying Belgium in 1940, German forces took over the FN plant. German troops subsequently used the Hi-Power, having assigned it the designation Pistole 640(b) ("b" for belgisch, "Belgian"). Examples produced by FN in Belgium under German occupation bear German inspection and acceptance marks, or Waffenamts, such as Wa140 in the early war period and WaA613 in the later. In German service, it was used mainly by Waffen-SS and Fallschirmjäger personnel. Deactivated in 1995, not for sale to under 18's, not suitable for export.
Code: 19324Price: 1895.00 GBP
A Simply Fantastic US Wild West Kentucky Double Barrel Rifle MusketMade by Leman of Lancaster, Pa. USA. Percussion action plains rifle with twin triggers, one for the rifle barrel another for the buck and ball barrel. The finest and quite stunning tiger stripe maple wood stock with brass patch box and US eagle engraved to the cheekpiece nickel escutcheon. Good action and greart condition. The development and naming of the Long Rifle is argued between riflemen of Kentucky and Pennsylvania even to this day. The most accepted history is that the rifle was first forged in Lancaster, Pennsylvania during 1730 by immigrant gunsmiths originating from Switzerland and Germany. The first quality Long Rifles were credited to a gunsmith named Jacob Deckard from Pennsylvania. Many were also made in Virginia and the Carolinas, making the rifle the first American-made firearm. For many years, the rifle was referred to as the "Long" or "Hog" rifle. However, over time, "Kentucky Long Rifle" became the popular name of choice. It was a special weapon - a slender, long-rifled barrel with a maple stock, balanced to hold. The Kentucky Long Gun was the gun of the Kentucky and Pennsylvania Frontiersmen, and it originally to a great extent gained it's fame in the American Revolutionary war and was used by the back countrymen of the Carolinas and the Virginia Mountains. The Riflemen were dead-shot hunters that fought the British in an all new guerilla warfare method that confounded the old tried and trusted traditional military methods of combat. From this example grew the new Rifle Regiments of Light Infantry and Voltiguers that are still in use today. The guns of these frontiersmen were known as from the Golden Age of American long guns as their unique slim, elegant lines and form was at the same time beautiful and yet dramatically effective against traditional infantry. The name "Kentucky Rifle" came about in 1814 after some 2,000 frontiersmen/fighters from Kentucky, under General (later president) Andrew Jackson fought in the Battle of New Orleans, giving the British a run for their money, using the Jaeger-style long rifles they brought with them. After this, they came to be widely known as "Kentucky Rifles. The phenomenon didn't just materialize here, but was imported from the Old World. Even the mass-produced Brown Bess and Charleville muskets had their roots in the early Jaeger (pronounced Yay-Gur) hunting rifles of Prussia, a part of what is now Germany. This revolution from non-standard "wildcat" firearms to uniformity is an entire story in itself, and we'll not go into it here and now. So before we name a rifle after every state in the Eastern half of United States, it would also be accurate to think of them as "long rifles", which is also an accurate term. At the time, smoothbore muskets were the common military technology, and rifles were used mostly for hunting. The earliest Jaeger rifles originated in the states that would later be known as Germany, in the late 1600s and early 1700s. Used mainly by hunters, (Jaeger is German for "hunter") they were first introduced into limited military service in the 1756 "Seven Years War" in Europe under Frederick the Great. This was also the time that immigrant settlers in colonial America (especially the German settlers who had set up shop in Pennsylvania) were making long rifles by hand. The Kentucky/Pennsylvania rifle is essentially the American version of a Jaeger rifle, although from that point onward, they developed according to Appalachian culture, and were lengthened to accommodate better burning of the powder for more velocity.
Code: 19323Price: 4750.00 GBP
A Superb Winchester Model of 1866 'Yellowboy' .44 Henry Long Rifle MusketKnown as the 'Yellow Boy', due to it's distinctive and unique brass action taken from it's designer's, Benjamin Tyler Henry's, Henry Rifle. The model 1866 .44 Henry was the first ever Winchester repeating rifle made by the Winchester Repeating Arms Co. until it's replacement by the model 1873. After the US Civil War, Oliver Winchester renamed New Haven Arms the Winchester Repeating Arms Company. The company modified and improved the basic design of the Henry rifle, creating the first Winchester rifle: the Model 1866. It retained the .44 Henry rimfire cartridge, was likewise built on a bronze-alloy frame, and had an improved magazine and a wooden forearm. The first Winchester rifle – the Winchester Model 1866 – was originally chambered for the rimfire .44 Henry. Nicknamed the "Yellow Boy" because of its receiver of a bronze/brass alloy called gunmetal, it was famous for its rugged construction and lever-action "repeating rifle" mechanism that allowed the user to fire a number of shots before having to reload. Nelson King's new improved patent remedied flaws in the Henry rifle by incorporating a loading gate on the side of the frame and integrating a round sealed magazine which was covered by a fore stock. In 1866 the industrial states blossomed with new technology. Out of this profusion came what is probably the best known shoulder gun ever made, namely, this lever-action Winchester rifle Yellow Boy. Benito Juarez liked the new gun so much that he purchased 1,000 guns for Mexico. Settlers in the U.S. also bought thousands for frontier use. Based on performance, it is deserving of the title, "The Gun That Won The West.".Despite not being popular with the US military Henry and Winchester Model 1866 "Yellow Boy" rifles found a ready market on the western frontier. The Indians referred to these arms as "many shots," and "spirit gun," which showed a measure of awe and respect for the products of the New Haven-based company. Many warriors were able to obtain these arms for themselves, and more than twenty of them were used against George A. Custer's 7th Cavalry and their single-shot Springfield carbines at the Little Bighorn in June, 1876. Winchester repeaters also found favour with miners, homesteaders, ranchers, lawmen, and highwaymen. This 1866 Long Rifle was the least popular with the military, made in fewest numbers thus it is now the rarest Winchester '66 of all. Good and sound action, folding ladder site, Winchester markings and King's Patent to the top of the barrel, setial num,ber on the underside of frame. The stock shows commensurate amounts of service wear due to it's age. 26 inch barrel. No license is required as it is considered an obsolete antique collectable
Code: 19322Price: 9650.00 GBP
Royal Sussex Regt Silver and Enamel Officer's Collar BadgeThe Royal Sussex Regiment was a line infantry regiment of the British Army that was in existence from 1881 to 1966. The regiment was formed in 1881 as part of the Childers Reforms by the amalgamation of the 35th (Royal Sussex) Regiment of Foot and the 107th Regiment of Foot (Bengal Light Infantry). The regiment saw service in the Second Boer War, and both World War I and World War II. 2.5 cm x 3.6cm
Code: 19314Price: 65.00 GBP
A WW2 Irish Guards Officer's Silver and Enamel Cap BadgeWith multi coloured enamel gilt and silver. Two rear affixing lugs. The Irish Guards , part of the Guards Division, is one of the Foot Guards Regiments of the British Army and, along with the Royal Irish Regiment, it is one of the two Irish infantry regiments remaining in the British Army.
The Irish Guards recruit in Northern Ireland and the Irish neighbourhoods of major British cities. Although restrictions in the Republic of Ireland's Defence Act make it illegal to induce, procure or persuade enlistment of any citizen of the Republic of Ireland into the military of another state, people from the Republic do enlist in the regiment. Nowadays they recruit from all around the United Kingdom and Commonwealth and recently, the regiment has also seen several "non-traditional" recruits, notably Christopher Muzvuru of Zimbabwe who qualified as a piper before becoming one of the regiment's two fatal casualties in Iraq in 2003.
In November 1942, during the Second World War, Jean, Grand Duke of Luxembourg joined the British Army as a volunteer in the Irish Guards.
One way to distinguish between the five regiments of Foot Guards is the spacing of the buttons on their tunics. The Irish Guards have buttons arranged in groups of four as they were the fourth Foot Guards regiment to be founded. They also have a prominent St. Patrick's blue plume on the right side of their bearskins.
Code: 19313Price: 130.00 GBP
Imperial Japanese WW2 Officer's “Koa Isshin Mantetsu Steel" Officer's SwordKoa Isshin Mantetsu saku in original polish with near perfect original WW2 fittings. One of the desirable, signed Koaisshin Mantetsu swords. Signed blade, Koaisshin Mantetsu, dated Showa Mizunoe Uma Shu, or “Year of the Showa Horse in Autumn” (Autumn 1942). The hilt had not been removed since 1945, and it was effectively jammed in situ, so it took three days to remove in order not to harm the sword in any way. It has been said, a Koa Isshin would, in the right hands, make mincemeat of chain mail and probably seriously damage modern plate armour. Koa Isshin swords are superb, high quality, cutting instruments that exceeds all but the very best Koto nihonto for effectiveness. They are, in short, amongst the best blades that Japan has produced. Koa Isshin swords are therefore highly valued by martial artists and much sought after. A sword in as good a condition as it is possible for a WW2 combat sword that has seen use. In 1937, an innovation in the process of steel production enabled the Dairen Railway Factory to begin the production of sword blades for the Imperial Japanese Army. Dairen was also known as Port Arthur, a strategically important deep water harbour located in Manchuria, China that became a Japanese possession after the Russo-Japanese war. The reputation these swords gained as durable, reliable, effective cutting blades drove a large demand for them. In 1939, with production increasing the Dairen Railway Factory mark was replaced with the signature “Koaisshin Mantetsu”. Mantetsu literally translates as “Manchurian Steel”. The swords were dated using the zodiac cycle system of Jikkan/Junishi and the season, rather than a standard Nengo system. It would seem, to judge from a comparison of the hardness, that the Koa Isshin was deliberately based on the swords of the 2nd generation Muramasa.
Mantetsu subjected their prototype sword to an appraised cutting test. The company did not tell the appraiser what the sword was. The appraiser identified it on the basis of its cutting ability as a Koto sword forged by Tadayoshi of Hizen; he considered that only a Tadayoshi sword could cut like that. Encouraged by this, Mantetsu established a sword factory and began production of swords in November 1937. Two swordsmiths, Takeshima Hisakatsu and Wakabayashi Shigetsugu, were invited to the Mantetsu facility to teach sword making to the workers. Shigetsugu returned to Japan before the end of the war and became Rikugun Jumyo Tosho.
Initially the swords were signed "Mantetsu Kitau Tsukuru Kore". The name "Koa Issin to" was coined in March 1939 by Yosuke Matsuoka, the outgoing president of Mantetsu. In 1944 the Imperial Army sponsored a Shinsaku-to Exhibition (newly made sword exhibition) on the grounds of the Yasukuni Jinja. One of the many sections was for "Koa Isshin" blades made by different smiths as a patriotic gesture.
Koaisshin swords have quite a following and are very desireable among collectors and practitioners who place high regard in them as functional, effective blades. As a result, they are becoming increasingly difficult to acquire, especially in good condition. The nakago is cycle dated. Mitzunoe-uma 1942 and the blade bears tiny close combat marks to the top edge. These could be removed with specialist polishing or left as honest combat signs.
Code: 19311Price: 2450.00 GBP
A Shinto Iron Tsuba Katana Guard With Brass MimiChisseled with scrolling chanels and a kodzuka ana and kogai ana. With copper sekigane.
Code: 19309Price: 375.00 GBP
A Good 1805 Tower of London Armoury Light Dragoon New Land Pattern PistolConverted to percussion action in around 1830 to enhance it's military working life for another 20 years or so. Date inspected in 1805, stamped to the stock, ordnance stock makers mark TC with crown. Early official armourer's stock repair with brass bracing piece under the ramrod. All fine brass fittings and captive ramrod. In original flintlock and likely made at the Tower of London and used by the frontline British Cavalry regiments during the Peninsular War, War of 1812, and the Hundred Days War, culminating at Waterloo. Introduced in the 1796 and in production by 1802, the New land Cavalry Pistol provided one model of pistol for all of Britain's light cavalry and horse artillery. Another new element was the swivel ramrod which greatly improved the process of loading the pistol on horseback.
The service of British Cavalry regiments, particularly the Light Dragoons, proved essential in the mastery of the Indian Subcontinent. The Duke of Wellington, then Arthur Wellesley, was primarily recognized for his military genius by his battles in India. Of particular note was the Battle of Assaye in 1803 where the 6000 British faced a Mahratta Army of at least 40,000. During the engagement the 19th Light Dragoons saved the 74th Regiment by charging the enemy guns 'like a torrent that had burst its banks'. Pistols firing and sabre slashing, the 19th broke the enemy's position and the day was won. 19th Light Dragoons gained "Assaye" as a battle honour, and the nickname "Terrors of the East". The 19th Light Dragoons eventually served in North America during the War of 1812 and so did this form of pistol. Cavalry was the 'shock' arm, with lance and saber the principal hand weapons. The division between 'heavy' and light was very marked during Wellington's time: 'heavy' cavalry were huge men on big horses, 'light' cavalry were more agile troopers on smaller mounts who could harass as well as shock.
During the Napoleonic Wars, French cavalry was unexcelled. Later as casualties and the passage of years took their toll, Napoleon found it difficult to maintain the same high standards of cavalry performance. At the same time, the British and their allies steadily improved on their cavalry, mainly by devoting more attention to its organization and training as well as by copying many of the French tactics, organization and methods. During the Peninsular War, Wellington paid little heed to the employment of cavalry in operations, using it mainly for covering retreats and chasing routed French forces. But by the time of Waterloo it was the English cavalry that smashed the final attack of Napoleon's Old Guard. Safety catch removed as an official ordnance alteration at the time.
Code: 19307Price: 1295.00 GBP
& maintained by Concept500